Friday, June 21, 2013

You Can Backpack With Out Looking Like a Backpacker!

When faced with the dilemma of how to pack a month's worth of clothes into a backpack I was initially quite discouraged. This is my first urban backpacking trip so I am new at packing for such a situation. When doing some research on how others had packed for backpacking through some odd the world's most fashionable cities I found very little practical advice. Every post I had seen featured women who had either packed so many clothes and accessories that I'm sure their packs must have weighed at least 50 lbs.; or women who packed solely with frumpy functionality in mind. I thought that there must be a way to pack light, practically,and still somewhat fashionably. I am determined to prove that you can, in fact, have the best of both worlds. When looking for clothes I focused first on versatility. I made sure that every top I am bringing can be worn with any bottom. The scarf can be worn around my neck, in my hair, or around my waist and matches every shirt, dress, and jacket. The shoes can all be worn with any outfit as well. Because we are going in the summer, we don't have to worry about snow or frigid weather. In most places it will be quite hot, but cold rain storms are always a possibility. I also chose fabrics that won't wrinkle after a month shoved in a compression bag. My packing list goes as follows:

-one pair of dark wash jeans
-one pair of denim shorts
-one pair of high-waisted black and grey    striped shorts
-one short black pleated skirt
-one black cotton maxi skirt
-one pair of black leggings
-one pair of sheer black tights
-one black and white striped dress
-one red and white polka dotted blouse
-one floral blouse
-one grey tank top with creme lace             overlay
-one Led Zeppelin tee shirt
-one black v-neck tee shirt
-one white v-neck tee shirt
-one black lace halter top
-one black, hooded, waterproof, tie-waist   windbreaker
-one grey zip-up hoodie
-one teal scarf
-one white bandeau top
-one bikini bottom
-two bikini tops
-one beige bra with detachable straps
-three pairs of black ankle socks
-one pair of black thigh high socks
-five pairs of underwear
-one grey beanie
-one pair of Converse
-one pair of Tom's
-one pair of comfortable wedge sandals
-one pair of sunglasses

I believe I made very mindful choices but I will post a recap entry once we've returned to let you know what I would have packed in retrospect.

2 comments:

  1. Is that my Led Zeppelin shirt?! Or do you have the same one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always helps to have a Dad and Brother to carry your tent and cooking supplies! Chivalry is not dead. Miss you sweetie.

      Delete